Academic Learning Mentor x 2
Grade: D (Full time salary £19,945, Actual salary £15,926)
Hours: 34.5 hours per week/39 weeks per annum.
Required from: September 2019
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 2nd September 2019
Sir John Hunt are looking to appoint Academic Learning Mentors, who are passionate about raising achievement, to work with identified students across Key Stage 4 in order to further raise their aspirations and academic performance. The ideal candidates will be proactive, positive and flexible, great team players with excellent communication skills and will be responsible for the development of effective mentoring relationships with both students and staff.
This post would also be ideal for candidates who wish to gain experience in a school with a view to becoming a teacher.
Key aspects of the role will include:
• Mentoring identified students both in and out of the classroom setting
• Working with teachers to enhance students’ progress
• Developing and delivering interventions to students
• Promoting and supervising the Key Stage 4 ‘Learning Café’
• Providing revision support and guidance for students
• Working with the Raising Standards Leader to ensure students are prepared for examinations
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.