Assistant Pastoral Leader
Grade: E £23,541 (£20,897 pro rata)
Hours: 38.75 hours per week x 38 weeks (plus 3 training days)
Required from: September 2021 (earlier start can be negotiated)
We are looking to offer a unique career opportunity as an Assistant Pastoral Leader. In this post you will have a varied role and a unique input into the school's life. Our ideal candidate will be an outstanding individual with experience of establishing effective, appropriate relationships with a variety of young people. They will provide high quality, well planned pastoral support and guidance to pupils and their families in order to promote high expectations, raise aspirations and facilitate academic progress.
The role includes:
• Being accessible to students to help them overcome their barriers to learning.
• Working closely with Pastoral Leaders, teachers and external professionals.
• Being a part of the child protection team and attending relevant meetings.
• Monitoring and Supporting students to improve attendance.
• Producing data to identify vulnerable students using SIMs and Excel.
• An established and comprehensive induction programme
• A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
• A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 14th June 2021
Sir John Hunt CSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought for all shortlisted candidates and all shortlisted candidates will be requested to complete a questionnaire about any convictions or adult cautions that are unspent. Guidance will be given to those shortlisted.