✓ Plain black straight leg trousers: which are not tight around the ankles: no jeans, leggings, fashion styles, skinny, fitted or baggy styles to be worn. Trousers with visible metallic zips or buttons are unsuitable and tight-fitting trousers are inappropriate for school. Trousers to be worn with plain black crew length socks.
✓ College approved knee length pleated skirt worn to the knee with black tights or plain white high ankle socks.
- Jewellery – One plain ring is acceptable. One pair of plain round metallic stud earrings, no wider the 5mm are acceptable in the ear lobes. No other jewellery is allowed. To support students who have multiple piercings we will allow a transparent plastic piercing retainer to be worn if required. If piercings are worn these must be removed for some practical subjects including PE. Bracelets, anklets, necklaces and hooped piercings are not allowed.
- A coat/jacket may be worn over a College jumper when not in lessons. No hoodies or non uniform jumpers.
- Head scarves, hats and bandanas are not part of the College uniform and must not be worn.
If students are not in the correct uniform then they may be taken out of their normal lessons to learn away from other students. Please refer to the images on our website for further information.
As a College, we feel it is imperative that your child participates, in the appropriate kit, as fully as possible in practical lessons. Please ensure your son/daughter brings the correct kit for their PE lessons. Students without kit will be loaned clean kit to wear. Refusal to wear appropriate kit/remove all items of jewellery will result in sanctions.
No jewellery can be worn for PE lessons at any time (including clear plastic retainers) Compulsory PE kit:
- Plain black shorts
- College blue PE shirt with College logo
- Black football socks or white sports socks
- Non–marking soled trainers or gym shoes
- Some students will require football boots, shin pads and gum shields (we will inform you separately)
All students optional extras:
- College black training top with College Logo
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms with no large logos, piping or stripes
All kit is available for purchase through Proserve please see the link at the bottom of this page)
Please note that leggings, hot pants/tight shorts/cycling shorts are not appropriate for PE lessons.
Schools have a duty of care to ensure students are able to participate actively without unnecessarily endangering themselves or those working around them. The Association for Physical Education (afPE) strongly recommends the practice of removing all personal effects at the commencement of every lesson to establish a safe working environment. This applies to all ear and body piercings, including retainer and expander earrings, as well as all other jewellery, including watches. Therefore, at Sir John Hunt, all of these items must be removed prior to the start of the PE lesson.
Long hair worn by both staff and students should be tied back securely.
Nails for staff and students need to be short to prevent injury to self and others. (You should not be able to see the nails over the top of the finger when looking at your hands from the palm side. For this reason, the policy at Sir John Hunt is that acrylic, shellac, gel and all other types of false nails are not suitable.)
When not able to take part physically due to illness or injury, students are expected to bring a note from a parent/carer and change into PE kit so as they can still be part of the lesson as a coach or assistant. This will also protect their uniform if we are having outdoor PE lessons at that time.
House ties can only be bought from the College. Other items of uniform can be purchased through the Schoolwear Shop, Mayflower Street (Tel: 01752 252025).
PE kit must be ordered from Proserve either via the telephone 01395 222975, their website firstname.lastname@example.org or by post Unit 3, Dinan Way Trading Estate, Exmouth, EX8 4RS (order forms available from College).